Eliminate your ARO Risk with OneNexus Assurance™
Responsible Asset Retirement Solutions for the Energy Industry
OneNexus Assurance™ is a unique, “insurance-like” solution that is designed and developed for the energy industry to address the growing problem of underfunded AROs.
Secured Funding for the Future
A first-of-its-kind “insurance-like” solution designed specifically for the energy sector’s Asset Retirement Obligations (AROs).
OneNexus holds funds for future decommissioning in a regulated capital reserve account within a wholly-owned and Investment Grade rated insurance company.
Funds are verified by 3rd-party actuarial reviews and backstopped by investment-grade rated global insurance and reinsurance capital providers.
Responsibility does not end when wells stop producing
Financial Assurance for Decommissioning
- The Defined Benefit amount is chosen by the policyholder and is intended to reflect the estimated future plugging cost.
- Operator receives the Defined Benefit payment from OneNexus after properly decommissions the well.
- The operator has the right to transfer title, and all post plugging liability, to OneNexus after the well is decommissioned
Full Risk Transfer
- OneNexus becomes the Primary Obligor of the ARO and assumes the legal and performance obligations for performing all necessary decommissioning activities
- Operator transfers title and operatorship of the well to OneNexus at the end of the well’s useful life, but prior to decommissioning/plugging
- OneNexus decommissions the well, assuming full cost risk and all post plugging liabilities
OneNexus Assurance™ Addresses ARO Risk
Learn more about our ARO solutions today!
Click below to learn more about removing your ARO risk.
Be part of leaving the world in better shape than we found it.